Metairie Music Club Piano Competition
April 20, 2019 (tentative)
Location – Tulane University Dixon Hall Annex
Application Deadline: March 30, 2019
The Metairie Music Club sponsors a Piano Competition annually in April. University professors serve as judges.
Piano competition winners are invited to perform at the Metairie Music Club’s monthly meeting in May.
2018 Piano Competition Winners
Middle School Division (6th-8th Grades)
1st Place ($100) – Emily Gu, student of Dr. Chia-Hsing Lin
2nd Place ($50) – Matthew Vuong, student of Melanie Perez
3rd Place ($25) – Gabriel Park, student of Meme Coniglio
High School Division (9th-12th Grades)
1st Place ($100)–Lauren Stevens, student of Guzel Bilyalova
2nd Place ($50) – William Wells, student of Dr. Chia-Hsing Lin
3rd Place ($25) – Alex Wang, student of Dr. Chia-Hsing Lin
2018 MMC Piano Competition Winners
Middle School Division
Emily Gu (1st), Matthew Vuong (2nd) and Gabriel Park (3rd)
Rules and Regulations:
1. Entrants must be a member of a current Junior Club in the Metairie Music Club and be a student of a member in good standing of the Metairie Music Club. The teacher must attend at least one regular meeting or participate in one club function prior to the competition and must have been a member for the year prior to the competition.
2. The competition is divided into two Divisions:
Middle School Division – Students in grades 6 thru 8
High School Division – Students in grades 9 thru 12
3. Entrance fee is $10.00 per student. There will be no refunds for absences.
4. The competition is open to pianists only.
5. Repertoire must include three memorized pieces representing three of the four historical periods of music (i.e., Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Modern).
6. First place winners are excluded from competition in the following year in the same Division, but may progress from Middle School Division (Division 1) to High School Division (Division 2.)
7. Awards (DOUBLED THIS YEAR) are provided by The Metairie Music Club:
1st Prize – $200 in each Division
2nd Prize – $100 in each Division
3rd Prize – $50 in each Division
8. The judges have the option of not awarding a prize. All students will receive comments from judges.
9. Late entries will not be accepted.
10. Winners are invited to perform at the May Metairie Music Club meeting.
11. Applications and Teachers List can be downloaded from the MMC website.
12.Teachers, please send the following to the Chairman:
APPLICATION CHECKLIST ***PLEASE PUT ALL FORMS IN A 9x12 LEGAL SIZE ENVELOPE.
_____ Two copies of Teacher Master List. **ONE COPY MUST BE TYPED AND EMAILED TO Sheila Schwartzman
_____ Two Adjudication Forms for each student. (Music listed must be the same performed, no changes allowed.)
_____ One total check ($10 dollars per student) payable to Metairie Music Club covering all entries.
_____ One Teacher Application Form
2019 MMC Piano Competition Information:
Deadline to register: March 30, 2019
Competition Date: April 20, 2019
Location: Tulane Dixon Hall Annex
Metairie Music Club
We encourage you to contact the Metairie Music Club with any questions.